Welcome to Rocket Looks!!!I usually don't involve in such kind of talks, like I will prepare everything at home, I want to give everything healthy to my family, no preservatives and all, if each one of us think like me, then what will happen to millions of manufacturing companies, people like me are running their business. Do you agree with me ??
But I don't let the things to go in waste. My BIL got Milk powder instead of Clarified Butter (ghee), because they have identical packaging, and he dint bother to read the name properly. And it was not 100g or 500g packet, it's 2kg which is lying in our kitchen counter from 3 months and gazing me to prepare something from them.
We don't like to prepare tea from the milk powder, nor we have any baby, so what to prepare. Yesterday when I saw a recipe of brownie, which was very handy, gooey and needed only few ingredients, then I could not resist myself to make it. I just wanted to make it that time only, I don't know why, suddenly i jumped to search for another alternatives of condensed milk, I found a recipe of condensed milk from milk powder, and yeah it's decided. Now I will go for it blindly. Can you believe i got the same glaze, thickness, taste and satisfaction. Give it a try for any option either you don't want preservatives for your family or you have extra milk powder in bulk. You will feel like a kid, that you have made something good from waste, I mean you utilized something which is going to be waste. No offense. Now coming to the recipe.
- 1 cup - Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1 tbsp - Butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 1/4 tsp - Vanilla essence
- Take the water in a pan, and let it come to boil.
- Then add sugar to it, stirring it continuously to melt the sugar completely.
- Now take a blender, add the sugar syrup + milk powder + vanilla essence + melted butter to it, and make a smooth paste with no lumps.
- If needed add few more drops of water, to adjust the consistency because it will thicken after few hours.
- Your Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk is ready. Store it in an air tight container.Stays good in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Linking up the post here