Welcome to Rocket Looks!!!On festivals we usually have very oily and heavy diets, which is unavoidable. But we can prepare them oil free, to not compromise with the festive mood. After all we Indians believe to enjoy each and every moment of life at fullest.
Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian recipe which is generally sought after cottage cheese curry among all the people during special occasions. Malai refers to cream and koftas are fried dumpling balls of potato and cottage cheese. But this recipe which i am going to share does not call fried dumplings, infact we have come up with healthy version of it.
This curry best served with chapati, naan, puris etc. Gravy can be kept white or red depending on your likings, i made red gravy with this. These koftas can be eaten with various dips also because they are stuffed with dry fruits so you can have them as a tea time snack also.
For creamy flavor you can use cashew paste, cream or hung curd if you are very much conscious of your health.
Now its time to prepare healthy version of koftas. I used Appe pan in which only one drop of oil is required for each ball. You can prepare any kind of fried balls in this with just few drops of oil, though it takes time to cook but the results are mind blowing with no compromise with taste.
- 1/2 cup - Cottage Cheese(paneer)
- 1/2 cup - Potatoes(boiled)
- 1 tsp - Ginger(grated)
- 1 tsp - Garlic(chopped)
- 1 tbsp - Coriander(chopped)
- 1 tsp - Red chill powder
- 2 tbsp - Bread Crumb
- salt to taste
For Gravy :
- 2 cup - Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup - Onion(paste)
- 1 tsp - Ginger(paste)
- 1 tsp - Garlic(paste)
- 1 tsp - Green Chilly(paste)
- 3 tbsp - Hung Curd
- 1/2 tsp - Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- Salt to taste
- First we will prepare dumplings and while they cook, we make gravy.
- Take a skillet and switch on the flame on high and put the appe pan over it.
- Meanwhile take a bowl, add potatoes + cottage cheese and mesh them finely.
- Now add ginger + garlic + coriander + red chilly + bread crumb + salt to the mixture.
- Apply some oil over palms and make a round round balls
- Before putting the balls in appe pan switch the flame to low and apply some oil in each hole. Cook them on low flame only so that they cooked properly from inside also.
- Don't forget to put the lid over appe pan. They will take approximately 20-25 min to cook from both sides. Flip them after 5-10 min and drop a oil in hole again.
- Till they get cooked, take another pan to make gravy.
- Add oil + ginger + garlic + onion and let them leave the rawness or cook till the color changes.
- Mix all the spices along with tomato puree and cook them till the mixture leaves oil.
- In the end add curd if required to make it more creamy.
Linking up the post here
You can buy the APPE PAN Online from HERE