Welcome to Rocket Looks!!!As festive seasons are going on in India, the city is literally loaded with colors and lights. The air is heavy with expectingness for the festival of Dussehra. On this day of Dussehra, giant figures are burnt all over the country to celebrate the triumph of good over evil.
To add more happiness to our family, i made DDL ice cream which is in my list from long time. You can check out the post HERE, where i shared my desire to make an ice cream in this summer and there could not be a better day to enjoy this heavenly ice cream.
The most blissful thing about it is that it's not too sweet; the delicate caramel essence. And it's insanely easy to create at home - fresh, easy and less expensive with just handful of ingredients.
After preparing the jar of DDL, i wanted to make something which don't burn the charm of DDL and this is perfect recipe to sinfully indulge with it.I felt like patting my back for preparing this ice cream from TWO ingredients and that too WITHOUT an ice cream maker.
- 200 ml - Fresh Cream (I used amul cream with 25% fat)
- 2tbsp - Dulche De Leche (Recipe HERE)
- Keep the cream in fridge for 3-4 hours, so that water and cream get separated when get cold.
- Take a blender and add the heavy portion of cream in it. Separate the water from it, because we want thick cream.
- Blend it for 5 min, till it gets whipped or fluffy in volume.
- Now add the DDL and blend it for 1 min. You will get the thick brown gold liquid, take a sip, If want more sweetness add more DDL, otherwise freeze it for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- You will get a bowl of ice cream, i always try a recipe with less quantity. Add chocolate chips and some chocolate sauce for garnishing.
Linking up the post here