Welcome to Rocket Looks!!!
On last Thursday Dussehra festival has gone and on coming Friday Karwa Chauth festival is coming. There are so many festivals in queue till November. So you just keep on enjoying all the delicacies and put on some weight like me with these heavenly recipes.
Vermicelli pudding (Meethi Seviyan) is a classic Indian dessert which is made during festive occasions, but it has more importance on Karwa Chauth . On this day married women keep fast for the good health, prosperity and long life of their husband. To charge up their body to survive for the whole day without a drop of water, they have this dessert along with mathris and parathas before the sun rises. I will tell you in brief about rituals and customs of this fast in next post.
Vermicelli is like a thin spaghetti and can be used to make various sweet and savoury dishes. When I was a kid, my mom used to cheat me sometimes, instead of giving noodles she prepares vermicelli for my school tiffin and I happily gulp them, I felt very nostalgic while preparing them.
Try this super simple and quick recipe, your family & friends are surely going to love it.
- 1 cup - Vermicelli
- 3 cup - Milk
- 1 cup - Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp - Sugar
- 1 tbsp - Clarified Butter
- 2 tbsp - Cashew nuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsp - Almonds (chopped)
1/2 tbsp - Green Cardamom (powder)
- Take a pan and dry roast the vermicelli till they get little brown color, it will take only 4-5 min on high flame.
- Now keep aside the roasted vermicelli in a plate and in the same pan add butter + cardamom powder, saute for few minutes.
- Add milk + condensed milk to the pan, and let the milk boil.
- When milk starts boiling add the vermicelli + sugar to it and let it simmer for 4-5 min till vermicelli get cooked.
- Serve them hot with cashews and almonds garnishing.
- You can serve vermicelli cold also, let them come on room temperature and then refrigerate for few hours.
- If you don't have condensed milk , skip it and add 2 more tbsp of sugar to it.