Welcome to Rocket Looks!!!Banana is a fruit which is generally in every house in every season because it is one of the favourite pick for our relatives while visiting , i dont know why people go for this option only. There are numerous fruits in market. Due to this most of kids have stopped liking it, atleast in my house, no one looks at them. Last week we had 2 dozens of banana occupying our dining table and staring at us, then i thought to utilize them before they go to dustbin.
Winters have come in full swing, a time when we get excuse to have 2-3 times to sip. An evening tea cant be sip alone, we accomodate either biscuits, namkeens or other savoury snack. A banana bread, mildly sweet and soft could be perfect for this time. Its healthy too because i added walnuts and raisins with whole wheat flour. Walnuts helps to lower cholestrol and raisins are rich in vitamin C.
While mashing bananas it was stinking a lot, so i used blender for no lumps. The recipe calls for all purpose flour but i used whole wheat to make it more healthy and nutricious.
- 1 cup - Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup - Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup - Bananas mashed (2 Whole Banana)
- 1/4 cup - Milk
- 2 tbsp - Yogurt
- 4 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp - Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp - Baking soda
- 1/4 cup - Walnuts + Raisins (chopped)
- Blend the bananas in a mixer with no lumps
- Mix together banana puree + vanilla essence + yogurt + sugar + milk + oil
- In another bowl take flour + baking soda + walnuts + raisins.
- Fold dry mixture with wet ingredients properly.
- Transfer the batter in a greased bowl and bake for 40-45 min at 180C
- Enjoy them with evening tea or breakfast.