The recipe which i am going to share today is very common street food for north indians, you can enjoy it guilt free because they are not oily as compared to other street foods.You can soothe your taste buds without any put on to your weight.
I still remember when we were kids and get a leave from school at afternoon we always look for Cholle Kulche. Cholle means white chickpeas and kulche is flat melt in mouth soft bready which goes very well with semi liquid boiled chickpeas, served with freshly chopped onions, tomatoes and tangy tamarind pulp. They are perfect alternative for any occassion, for any time. You can prepare them a day before and serve it when needed without any fuss. I used market bought kulchas but you can prepare them easily at home.
- 3 cup - Boiled White Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup - Tamarind Pulp
- 1/2 cup- Chopped onions
- 1/2 cup - Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup - Chopped Corriander
- 1 tbsp - Choped Ginger
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 tsp - Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- Take a pan add boiled chickpes with some water and let it boil for few minutes.
- Add turmeric + chilly powder + tamarind pulp + garam masala + salt in it.
- Let the spices boil with chickpeas and get infused properly with it.
- Cook for few minutes and add freshly chopped onions + tomatoes + ginger + corriander while serving.
- Your cholle is ready to be served with kulche.