Welcome to RocketLooks !!!
Welcome to RocketLooks !!!
Have you entered the Giveaway, if not here is the Link
I know I am bit late, to dedicate this recipe to our friendship but who says you can shower love and affection to your friends on only one day it can be anytime anywhere anyplace.
So it started from my graduation days. We met during our hostels allotment, it was shifting and moving going on after our admissions.
My college days were extraordinary because our college is not the same like others. There were so many rules and regulations which we need to follow. Well it's a long list to keep us focused towards our studies, but at that time who cares for studies, we all got freedom, staying away from parents, all came from different cities and with different cultures and everyone had packs of things to share with each other. We wanted to enjoy, have fun, wanted outing and so on...
But unfortunately we couldn't't afford any one of them, it was women college, boys are not allowed in our campus, Infact our fathers can't enter our hostels,not allowed to go outside college premises unless we get written application from our parents, cell phones were banned, only khadi suits allowed , no western nothing.
But still I had best time of my life, I had best buddies, I had another experience of life which people can't afford, and last but not least best food in our mess.
We used to get good food everyday for our breakfast and lunch but in dinner they used to torchure us except for the Thursday.In night they usually prepare cereals and they were too like prepared for sick people,no salt,spices nothing. We mostly skipped dinners but not on Thursday,because it's used to be a special day. Menu for the dinner was Red Kidney Beans and Zeera Rice and it used to be so tasty that we waited for dinner bell like anything. Even today whenever I see red kidney beans I miss those days.
- 1 cup - Kidney beans (rajma)
- 1 large - onion
- 3 medium - Tomatoes
- 3-4 medium - Garlic
- 1 inch - Ginger
- 2 - Green chillies
- ½ tsp - Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp - Coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ tbsp - Turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp - Red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ tsp - Garam masala powder
- 3.5 - 4 cups - Water
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- salt as required
- Soak the beans for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook them for 5-6 whistles with water + ½ tsp salt + ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Till beans are getting cooked, make a paste of ginger + garlic + green chillies.
- Purée tomatoes and onions seperately.
- Now take a pan add oil + cumin seeds.
- Let the cumin crackle and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Cook them until their rawness get dissolved properly.
- Add onion paste and let it fry for few minutes.
- Now add tomato purée + turmeric powder + red chilly powder + corriander powder + salt.
- Saute the spices well and let it cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes till the spices leave oil from the mixture.
- Mix the paste with boiled beans.Add water if the consistency is thick and let the curry boil for 5-6 minutes so that beans get the all flavour of spices.
- At the end , add garam masala and mix it. Your red kidney beans are ready.Serve them hot with Zeera Rice.
Linking up the post here