Welcome to Rocket Looks!!
Welcome to Rocket Looks!!
A famous Gujrati dish which seems very difficult to make but actually making it is a real fun.Your children can also join you.It will be a total fun activity. Kids will really like it since it is less spicy, less oily, a bit sweet, healthy and fast to cook which satisfies your hunger without making you wait for longer. Moreover it requires few ingredients which are easily available.
I am not fan of Gujrati food, because they have sweetness in every dish along with salt, which does not suit my taste buds, but once I gave a try I started liking Dhokla and Khandvi. They are actually tasty, healthy and very light to digest. We should give some change to our taste buds once in a while. And this is perfect recipe to soothe your tongue.
1 cup - Gram Flour(besan)
3/4 cup - Curd
2 cup - Water
1/2 tsp - Lemon Juice
2 tsp - Ginger + Green chilly paste
1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp - Asafoetida
1 tsp - Oil
1/4 tsp - Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp - White Sesame Seeds
2 - Slitted Green Chillies
4-5 - Curry Leaves
2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
2 tbsp - Finely Chopped Corriander
- Take a big bowl to prepare the batter for the Khandvi rolls.
- Add yogurt + lemon juice + ginger chilly paste + salt + asafoetida + turmeric powder.
- Now take a hand blender and give it a quick stir by adding slowly water to it.
- Mix gram flour to the batter by adding in small quantity, so that no lumps are formed. The batter should be very runny, smooth and silky.
- Take a pan, add the whole batter to it and keep the flame at lowest.
- Meanwhile it cooks, take a plate or steel lid or chopping board or tray or baking tray anything on which you can spread the batter evenly to roll it. Spray some oil on it.
- Keep stirring the batter till it thickens, it will take approx 10-15 min on low flame. Don't allow the batter to stick to the pan.
- To test whether the batter is cooked or not, spread a teaspoon of batter on greased plate, let it cool and try to roll it. If it is not then cook it for some more time.
- When it starts to roll, switch off the flame and spread the batter on greased plate in a very thin layer.
- Let it cool properly, meanwhile spread the coconut + coriander on it.
- Now make sections according to your preference on the batter. Try to fold them with gentle hands. Put all the khandvis in a plate.
- Take another small pan, for tempting. Add oil + sesame seeds + curry leaves + mustard seeds + green chillies. Let the seeds crackle and switch off the flame.
- Pour the tempting over the rolls and your delicious Khandvi is ready to be served.
Linking up the post here