Hello peopleA friend in need is a friend indeed. They tend to cheer us up within seconds by helping us forget all worries and tensions.Its not that they give proper solution for each problem, but they give such solution that you can't stop yourself from laughing.
Welcome to Rocketlooks !!!
Welcome to Rocketlooks !!!
I tried to help one of my friend who is pregnant by just few weeks. She has been married for 2 years but could not conceive , had so many complications during her pregnancy. So she is already in hell lot of dilemma as in what to do and what not to do.She strictly follows the advice of her gynae. She has given her long list for do's and don'ts.
My friend is very much happy with all the things because she don't wanna take any risk this time. But sometimes I feel very bad , how can someone be so rigid without using their brain. I know she is worried for her future bundle of joys but still. As doc advised her to avoid having foods from outside like spicy foods, Chinese, gluten products and so many blah blah like that.
She loves to eat bread at each meal, die hard lover of bread. But now she has stopped it, as it is available from outside. I asked her to go for wholewheat or multigrain bread which will be healthier and tasty, but she is not ready to listen anything. As it has been purchased from outside, it can cause her problem. She has made list of excuses for not eating it.
I feel very pitty on her, so decided to give a try to make wholewheat bread at home. And voila I did it. I have tried cookies and cakes but bread I have tried for the first time.
I searched for few receipes on Google, and landed on one which my sixth sense said it will work , and it worked.I got perfect brown edges with soft slices inside. I think I should not let you wait more. Here is the receipe for perfect Wholewheat bread.
- 3 cups - Wholewheat Flour (Atta)
- 1 cup - Warm Water
- 1 tbsp - Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp - Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Butter/Oil
- 2 tbsp - Yogurt
- 1 tbsp - Cream
- In a small bowl take some luke warm water + sugar + yeast. Keep it undisturbed for 10-15 min at warm place.
- Meanwhile take another bowl, mix together flour + salt + oil + yogurt.
- When the yeast has frothen properly add it to the flour mixture.
- Knead the flour by adding water in small quantity, till it reaches the state where it stretches without breaking apart for 3-4 minutes.
- Take another bowl, put the kneaded dough in it with some brushing of water on it , cover it with kitchen towel and let it rise for 1-1.5 hours.
- Once doubled, punch the dough again and make a log. Tuck the sides in and transfer it to oiled loaf tin, and let it rise again for 30-40 min.
- Once risen, brush the top with cream/milk and bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 35-40 min or till the top is brown.
- Let it cool properly in the tin and then take it out to make desired slices. Your perfect healthy wholewheat bread is ready to be served.
Linking up the post here